Welcome to The Nutrition Bite! The Tribe’s first Nutrition BLOG/VLOG. My goal with The Nutrition Bite is to help our Tribe Members feel more comfortable cooking and eating healthy while sharing recipes and learning important nutrition topics. To get us started, I wanted to talk about – Spaghetti Squash! Check out my video on why I love this vegetable substitute.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half (you will need all those Tribe muscles you work so hard on for this step!) Muscle it.
- Scoop out seeds
- Lightly coat inside with oil of choice (I use coconut oil)
- Season to taste (I use salt, pepper and oregano)
- Bake at 400 degrees until you can pierce it easily with a fork. Normal cooking time is between 30-45 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes, then take a fork and pull out the natural strands until just the outter shell remains.
Spaghetti squash is very versatile – you can eat it with anything you would eat with pasta. I’ve attached a link to my favorite meatball sauce recipe. Enjoy!